My heart skips a beat when a couple hire me and they show me their Pinterest board full of their ideas and it’s bursting with colour. I adore all the colours and when done right they can create a beautiful fusion of fun and character to your wedding day.
Having a marquee is a blank canvas and can give you the scope required, but all is not lost at a venue and their own colour scheme. Bright colours can still be used to compliment what is already there and still get the look you are going for.
My 5 top tips to add colour to your wedding day:
- Multicoloured bunting or paper pom poms; These very simple yet so effective burst of colour decor can completely transform the entrance and ceilings of your marquee or tipi.
- Colourful streamers hanging from the trees; if you’re having an outdoor wedding. Different coloured confetti, petals or flower arrangements adorning all the tables. Different coloured chair covers and sashes. The possibilities for your décor are endless.
- The bridesmaids; let them wear their favourite bright colour dresses with a style they love, so not only will they feel super confident and comfortable on your wedding day, (which they will thank you for) they will fill the room with colour as they walk down the aisle.
- Epic Photos: Want to look back and capture your colourful day? Try out the smoke bomb trend with all the colours making one epic shot with your guests!
- Ever thought of trying a wedding dress that’s not the traditional white or ivory? There are some amazing non-traditional dress designers out there that live for colour and with a matching veil you could be the one that brings the colour to the party. Always wanted the white dress, but still would like to add colour? Get yourself some funky coloured shoes, multicoloured eyelashes and nails.
Having a wedding planner working alongside you throughout your planning journey will not only help you decide how to design your perfect colourful day, but also the logistics behind it all. Hand picking their best suppliers for the job, as alternative suppliers are a little harder to come by. They can also give you ideas outside the box from where to get married, like a clearing in the woods or on top of a mountain to a festival inspired weekend with no speeches.
Check out my blog on alternative bouquet ideas
Thanks for reading
x Jodie x