You’ve just got engaged and it’s all now sunk in… you’ve got a wedding to plan! Where do you start? A friend suggests attending a fair (or fayre), but are Wedding Fairs worth going to?
Finding your Wedding Suppliers
Finding your wedding suppliers isn’t just about ticking them off that checklist anymore. It’s important to remember that you’re not just buying a product or service, you’re investing in the person behind it. You want someone who is passionate about their work, who will go above and beyond to make your wedding day special and who shares your vision.
Attending a wedding fair can also help you to discover new suppliers that you may not have considered before. You may come across unique ideas or alternative options that you hadn’t thought of.
Overall, attending a wedding fair is a great way to find your suppliers. Get a feel for who they are as people. It’s a chance to ask questions, build relationships and find the perfect team to bring your wedding day vision to life.
Local Wedding Fairs
Finding a local wedding fair is a great place to start, especially if it is at your venue of interest! You not only get to see the venue dressed up to give you some idea of what it will look like on the day, they are generally smaller than the national ones, which may cause a little overwhelm.
At local wedding fairs, you will meet local suppliers. Some of whom are recommended suppliers of the venue, so know the venue well. They can offer promotions and giveaways, making them a good way to save money on your wedding planning.
National Wedding Fairs
National Wedding Fairs are a lot larger than local wedding fairs, therefore offering you more choice and options when it comes to wedding suppliers and services. They attract suppliers from all over the country, offering a wider range of products and services to choose from.
In addition, national wedding fairs tend to have more interactive displays, catwalk shows and workshops for couples to attend. These events offer couples the opportunity to see and experience different styles and wedding themes in action.
If you are hiring a wedding planner from the start, as you know you just don’t have time to plan a wedding. You wouldn’t necessarily need to attend a wedding fair as the wedding planner will take care of all the suppliers and details for you.
However, attending a wedding fair can still be beneficial as it will give you an opportunity to browse through different vendors. Get a better idea of the styles and themes that you may want for your wedding. It can also be a great opportunity to meet other prospective couples and wedding industry professionals that may be of use in the planning process. Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to attend a wedding fair will depend on your personal preferences and needs.
Disadvantages of Wedding Fairs
Although it can be a convenient way to find inspiration and connect with different providers, it may make you feel pressured to buy, if you are not ready yet.
Depending on the size of the fair, the number of attendees can be overwhelming. This can make it hard to enjoy the experience, browse without interruptions, or find a quiet space to talk with suppliers – sticking to local fairs can definitely help here.
Although wedding fairs offer a wide range of options, they are typically limited to the suppliers who are exhibiting at the event. This may not include all the services or products that someone is looking for.
They can be time-consuming: Attending a wedding fair can take several hours, especially if it is located far from home.
Some wedding fairs may charge an entry fee, which can be an added expense.
So are Wedding Fairs worth going to?
In a nutshell, yes wedding fairs are definitely worth going to. They provide you with the opportunity to meet and talk with a variety of wedding vendors in one place. This can save you time and energy in the planning process as you can compare prices and services without having to schedule individual appointments. Additionally, wedding fairs often provide inspiration and new ideas for your big day.
However, you should plan your visit carefully and have a clear idea of what you are looking for.
Tips for attending a Wedding Fair
Here are some tips on how to make the most out of attending a wedding fair:
- Find your niche venue/fair, all fairs offer something different you can get eco, traditional, alternative fairs to name a few. Find the fair that aligns with your personality, it will save you a lot of time.
- Research ahead of time: Find out which suppliers will be there and make a list of the ones you want to visit. Prioritise which vendors are most important to you, like caterers or photographers.
- Bring someone with you: It’s always helpful to have a friend, family member or partner with you to share the excitement and opinions. They might have ideas that you didn’t think of.
- Take notes: Bring a notebook or use your phone to take notes on the suppliers you like. Write down their company name, contact information, and any special services they offer. It can be challenging to remember all the information you receive.
- Ask questions: Don’t be afraid to ask any questions you may have, especially if it’s about pricing, availability, or what sets them apart from other suppliers in their field.
- Enter giveaways: Many vendors offer giveaways or discounts, so be sure to enter all of them. It could save you a considerable amount of money.
- Have fun: Remember that this is an exciting time, and it’s easy to get caught up in the overwhelm. Take it all in, go with the flow, and enjoy yourself.
The Quirky Wedding Fayre
Looking for an alternative and more inclusive fair, then look no further than The Quirky Wedding Fayre Created in 2019 by Lily Jones. The Quirky Wedding Fayre believes your wedding day should be all about you and your personalities. Making the day different from the standard weddings, as after all it’s your day, so do it your way.
They bring together unique wedding suppliers, offering something outside the box, in quirky venues up and down the country.
Thanks for reading
x Jodie x